An important group of hybrid deutzias raised by Lemoine and put into commerce 1925-36. One parent was D. longifolia; the other is usually given as D. discolor but it may be that D. purpurascens or D. × elegantissima were used. The type of the group is ‘Mont Rose’, which was put into commerce in 1925 as D. hybrida MontRose. Leaves narrowly ovate, sharply toothed, to 31⁄2 in. long. Flowers fuchsia purple, slightly crimped at the margins; anthers golden yellow. Others in this group are: ‘Contraste’, with gracefully arching branches; flowers star-shaped, similar in colour to ‘Mont Rose’, but with a darker stripe on the reverse of the petals. ‘Magicien’ is similar, but the petals are edged with white. In ‘Joconde’ the flowers are white, about 11⁄4 in. across, purple in bud and on the reverse of the petals. Finally, ‘Perle Rose’ has smaller flowers than in other members of the group, but freely borne. They are pale pink.
Deutzia × hybrida Lemoine
Other species in the genus
- Deutzia amurensis (Reg.) Airy Shaw
- Deutzia compacta Craib
- Deutzia corymbosa R. Br.
- Deutzia discolor Hemsl.
- Deutzia × elegantissima (Lemoine) Rehd.
- Deutzia glomeruliflora Franch.
- Deutzia gracilis Sieb. & Zucc.
- Deutzia grandiflora Bunge
- Deutzia × lemoinei Bois
- Deutzia longifolia Franch.
- Deutzia × magnifica (Lemoine) Rehd.
- Deutzia maximowicziana Makino.
- Deutzia mollis Duthie
- Deutzia monbeigii W. W. Sm.
- Deutzia pulchra Vidal
- Deutzia purpurascens (L. Henry) Rehd.
- Deutzia reflexa Duthie
- Deutzia rehderana Schneid.
- Deutzia × rosea (Lemoine) Rehd.
- Deutzia rubens Rehd.
- Deutzia scabra Thunb.
- Deutzia schneiderana Rehd.
- Deutzia setchuenensis Franch.
- Deutzia sieboldiana Maxim.
- Deutzia staminea R. Br. ex Wall.
- Deutzia taiwanensis (Maxim.) Schneid.
- Deutzia vilmoriniae Lemoine
- Deutzia wilsonii Duthie